niedziela, 23 października 2011

# 293, self-discipline

Thanks God, I'll have a lecture of history of british literature tommorow morning. It means that we (proud IBA students) can:
1) eat
2) drink
(but NO alcohol! *obvious thing, haha*)
3) sleep.
Unfortunately, the 3rd thing is really unwelcome. According to this, I have to have clear mind which is open for new, interesting information about british literature after The Second World War. Amazing.  Guess what? Hell yeah, insomnia. So, my future on the morning lecture seems to be  predictable. Taking a few minutes nap is the best option.
During this really fascinating evening I made a plan. Let's think. I'm studying english language. I do my best to understand the meaning of Plato's and Aristotle's mimesis. I read one or two compulsory books per week. I'm learning about phonemes, consonants, vowels and rules of punctuation. I do all these things and I'm still missing english language. I chose this faculty because I wanted to improve my poor and depressingly small knowledge. I wanted  to learn this absolutely perfect british accent, thinking in english making no mistakes, pronounce words correctly to avoid possible misunderstandings ! And suddenly, I felt something. I have to do something! And in that moment it came - perfect idea. In fact, it contains two options. The first one (easier one) is writing in english. Shopping lists, in my diary and in here. I'm sorry for all unforgivable mistakes I made (and I will make) here but  I do this to practice and make my brain thinks in english. The second part of this miraculous revelation: make my classmates speak english all the time, even during breaks. Just for talking, improving vocabulary or grammatical structures in use. This part is harder. I think that I can say that it is "mission impossible". However, I'll do my best to make them think about it (at least).
It's 2:40 a.m. Nice. I really hate sleeping in this bed. I have cold feet and I miss last night - it was soooo warm.

Love, Dina.